Surf's Up

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been spending time at the beach to work on my tan and decided to shoot some surfers.
I will continue to add to this thread instead of starting a new one each time. I get the feeling this will become another addiction. C&C always welcomed. Picture heavy, primarily sharing.

I'm stoked, the sets are glassy (a common phrase used by surfers back in my San Clemente High School days).

1) This guys nickname is....Old Hippy :). He has been surfing this spot since he was 12 years old and is on his way to surf in Bali next week. Cool as heck! Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9064.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

2) Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9020.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

3) Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9118.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

4) Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9306.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

5) Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9122.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

6) Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9362.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

7) Salt Creek Beach_July 25, 2015_9555.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

8) Salt Creek Beach_August 01, 2015_9868.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

9) Salt Creek Beach_August 01, 2015_0051.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

10) Salt Creek Beach_September 06, 2015_4417.jpg by Jack Stevenson, on Flickr

Thanks GK, I like the tighter crop in your second edit, but your edits introduce a lot of gray in the white wash and something really weird looking in skin tones on 1 & 3.

Nice set! I laughed out loud at number two! Number four is pretty intense and the lighting in 10 really sets a great mood!

But the most important question is, how is your tan coming along?

Good shooting, pardner!

Nice set! I laughed out loud at number two! Number four is pretty intense and the lighting in 10 really sets a great mood!

Thank you DJ JustJazzie :boogie::boogie: The tan is coming along well except I'm not sure why I have weird patterns on my legs. I wore these.

Oh...and #10 was at sunset. On the walk back to my car, there was hardly any light at all, but there were nearly just as many surfers out. Hope to post some silhouettes from that evening.

Timing is everything when it comes to sport photography, and you nailed it in several of these shots. :)
Good job!

Very cool. Don't see surfing in Michigan. Great color and composition. Hey, there is a fat guy like me surfing! There is hope for me yet...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice set Jaca! The 'Old Hippy' seems to be enjoying himself paunch et all and I'd give that one the max points. Always so wanted to surf, just that, never learn't how to swim:blueface:

Cheers!
jasii

Timing is everything when it comes to sport photography, and you nailed it in several of these shots. :)
Good job!

Thank you. Primarily shooting a burst series to pick the best. I really like wipeout or bailout shots most.

Very cool. Don't see surfing in Michigan. Great color and composition. Hey, there is a fat guy like me surfing! There is hope for me yet...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you - Yes there is hope. Got a new battery for the home scale yesterday. NOT PRETTY!

Love the shot of "old hippy"!!

Thanks Brick - what a joy seeing someone enjoy themselves like he does.

Nice set Jaca! The 'Old Hippy' seems to be enjoying himself paunch et all and I'd give that one the max points. Always so wanted to surf, just that, never learn't how to swim:blueface:

Cheers!
jasii

Thank you Jasii. I think I would have enjoyed surfing also, but the movie 'Jaws' ruined it for me :( . I'm afraid my blubber won't be tested for
buoyancy anytime soon. :icon_jokercolor:

Most reactions

Back