Surprise Creek

scole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scolephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's finally summer in the Pacific Northwest but I decided on one last forest/stream hike before I turn my attention to the subalpine environment. My trip to Deception Creek last week was so nice that I decided to head one drainage over to Surprise Creek. Although its eventual destination is a series of high lakes, the trail hugs the valley floor and Surprise Creek for a couple miles. I figured I might find a number of interesting places to check out. The warm temperatures and sunshine made for harsh photo conditions but its definately worthy of a return trip.....

1. Small Waterfall
583082354_tJa3K-L.jpg

583082428_eAwuF-L.jpg

3. Spotlight on Devils Club
583082813_4HKWJ-L.jpg

4. Vertical Composition
583083223_Crkrp-L.jpg

5. Horizontal Composition
583083469_GeDoZ-L.jpg

583083588_sh4jR-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

All of these shots are great! I really like #1 and #3. Nice work!

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the comments!

I really like #3 also since I was able to capture the sunlight spotlight and keep the detail in the leaf.

I shoot using a Pentax k10d and just about all these shots were using the Pentax DA12-24mm lens. #2 was shot using the Pentax DA55-300mm lens (@ somewhere about 70mm). All shots except for #6 are single shot exposures with at least a circ polarizer and the occasional handheld ND Grad.

#6 is a HDR image using a single RAW file in Essential HDR.

Gee... all these look so awesome!
They'll make great wallpapers!
Great job!
um, which ND filter?
I am sure you used a tripod, right?
BTW I am now sure to invest into a ultra wide-angle!
P.S. I liked your website!

Thanks Canosonic.

The two ND Grad filters I'm currently using are Cokin 2 & 3 Stop soft edge "P" sized filters. They're not the greatest but I was able to pick them up used for cheap and they'll due just fine until I upgrade to some Singh-Ray ND Grads.

You're correct about using a tripod. Pretty much everything I shot is done using one (a Manfrotto 190CF). I also appreciate the comments about my website. I haven't updated it since the beginning of the year and really need to add a number of new photos I've shot between January and now. They're all on my blog posts but I gotta get them onto my site too. Just can't sit down and do it! :lol:

Most reactions

Back