SURVEY: How do you market your business and get new customers?

ASlinin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I know there have been some similar threads in the past, but I have put together a very short, formal survey to asses how professional and semi-professional photographers attract new customers.

It's only 10 questions long and should only take 1-2 minutes. I'd be happy to share the results with everyone here. I'd like to get to at least 100 responses so it's a good representative "sample" size.

LINK:
Professional Photographers: Marketing and Leads Needs Survey

-Alex

I stopped at the first question............Are you a professional or a semi professional? Shouldn't it be: Are you a professional or an amateur that once got paid to take pictures?

You are a professional photographer or you are not, I never understood the semi-professional thing. "I once charged a guy to help him move a table and now I am a semi-professional mover" "I once charged a guy to help him hammer some nails in his roof and now I am a semi-professional roofer"

"I once got paid to empty an outhouse and now I am a professional **** disturber"

I suspect that the OPs intent with the question was, "Are you a full or part-time professional".

I stopped at the first question............Are you a professional or a semi professional? Shouldn't it be: Are you a professional or an amateur that once got paid to take pictures?

You are a professional photographer or you are not, I never understood the semi-professional thing. "I once charged a guy to help him move a table and now I am a semi-professional mover" "I once charged a guy to help him hammer some nails in his roof and now I am a semi-professional roofer"

"I once got paid to empty an outhouse and now I am a professional **** disturber"

Imagemaker, good question. In my interviews and networking, I have indeed met a number of folks who are transitioning from other careers, perhaps photographing weddings on weekends and trying to build clientele and a portfolio so that they can eventually be a full-time professional. There are also students who may be looking to become full-time once they are out of school.

The purpose for that question is to be able to analyze the responses by those who ARE full-time, versus those that are not, but perhaps aim to be full-time eventually.

What's a part time professional if not the same as a semi-professional.
A professional who is someone who is paid to do a job. That's it. If you do that job full-time, you are a full-time professional in that field, if you do that job part time....

Hi everyone,

I know there have been some similar threads in the past, but I have put together a very short, formal survey to asses how professional and semi-professional photographers attract new customers.

I am a little nervous about what he wants with our asses......

Allan

You can show your shots in an exhibition. You can also build a photo studio to make it more popular. Just choose a presentable place for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back