Surviving snowpocalypse 2021

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We survived 7 days with no water, idk how many hours with no power....and hopefully will survive the grocery food shortage Texas is now having! :boggled: Snow, you are beautiful but I think we have had enough for a lifetime....Here are some of my favorite shots from our Texas winter wonderland!

1) little birdy in the snow
paigewilks.com10.jpg

2) melted snow crystals on my lens created these really cool flares. I love how it makes the image seem "cold".
paigewilks.com11.jpg

3) exploring
paigewilks.com12.jpg

4) snow cactus
paigewilks.com13.jpg

5) snowy showers!
paigewilks.com15.jpg

6) our beautiful street, with about 4 inches of solid ice + 5 inches of snow O.0
paigewilks.com17.jpg

Great use of light, color and composition!!

I like the light in this set. #5 is my favorite as one of those life's moments that you seem to capture so well. Were these with your Canon or Fuji? I think you mentioned you were getting a Fuji.

Nice set of images #5 is my favorite. Shout out to you all with no power and prayers sent your way.Nature sure can be a test of our resilience.

Nice set! I really like #4, the lighting is great. I moved to Colorado from DFW several years ago so still have many friends and family in Texas. Crazy times there, I'd say 70% of the people I know there lost power, water, or both for an extended period of time. Hopefully the powers that be wake up and start some infrastructure upgrades moving forward.

I like the light flare in some of these and the road lead in, in the last.

Very nice images. The snow cactus is my favorite, great composition and lighting.

I like the light in this set. #5 is my favorite as one of those life's moments that you seem to capture so well. Were these with your Canon or Fuji? I think you mentioned you were getting a Fuji.
Thank you so much!! This is my sony :) It's basically all I use these days! love it so much!

Nice set of images #5 is my favorite. Shout out to you all with no power and prayers sent your way.Nature sure can be a test of our resilience.
thank you!!! we made it through and are safe, with power, and water. we were some of the lucky ones for sure; and I'm super thankful for my overprepared husband :p

Nice set! I really like #4, the lighting is great. I moved to Colorado from DFW several years ago so still have many friends and family in Texas. Crazy times there, I'd say 70% of the people I know there lost power, water, or both for an extended period of time. Hopefully the powers that be wake up and start some infrastructure upgrades moving forward.
Thanks so much! I hope all your loved ones are safe and that they have water and power! I sure do hope this was a wake up call, but let's be honest, they prob won't do anything about it :/ :/

really nice set.. love them all

Real nice set.
I have brothers in Austin and they said they got their power back but no water, everything is frozen so they're using bottled water and the back yard for #1's.

Glad you all are doing OK!
Your picture are beautiful ..... I live in Pennsylvania and we are used to snow and ice but we have had enough for the year we are more then ready for spring!

really nice set.. love them all

Glad you all are doing OK!
Your picture are beautiful ..... I live in Pennsylvania and we are used to snow and ice but we have had enough for the year we are more then ready for spring!

Thank you!! @Susan Will , I hope you all thaw out ASAP too!

Real nice set.
I have brothers in Austin and they said they got their power back but no water, everything is frozen so they're using bottled water and the back yard for #1's.

Oh gosh, yes we did that only we had a camp bucket/toilet LOL. I hope your brothers have water now!! We are so lucky to have well water, though it did break, we were able to get it fixed quickly once it thawed out.

gorgeous photos. hope things are settling down for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back