Sushi

Smith2688

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a picture I took on a recent trip to Florida. The sushi was so beautiful and I wanted to capture its elegance. The image is a scanned film print (unfortunately I didn't scan in the negative yet, so I apologize if there is a lack of clarity). The only post processing that was done was to remove a large scratch (visible on the negative, as well), which I blame on my developer (Costco).

I am quite satisfied with the picture and would appreciate a general critique so I know what I did well and what I can improve on for next time.

Thank you!

Sushi_web.jpg

I would like to see clearer focus and more light in the foreground.

i think i would have opened up the aperture a bit more so that more of the sushi up front was in focus... the knife is completely blown out and the light colored table cloth is completely blown out as well. even if you keep the same aperture and just focused on the front sushi, i think it would have been a little bit better then having the center piece of sushi only sort of in focus. despite any of this, the image has a very soft appearance in even the areas that are supposed to be in focus.

perhaps a macro shot with more texture in the sushi would have been better composition?

on the plus side, it does look like yummy sushi :)

Most reactions

Back