Swallowtails and Ladybugs

ReginaUsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First one is a Florida Swallowtail, second is a Missouri Zebra Swallowtail, and last in line a ladybug.
IMG_4248.jpg
IMG_7799.jpg
6_24ladybugs.jpg
IMG_4248.jpg

I like nr 2. Best, but all are nice. Does your lens have IS? If not you have a very steady hand at 300mm

Thanks- Not certain what IS, unless you are referring to ISO? Which in that case yes I do. I have a steady hand at times and other times not, I tend to take my chances more then I should... My husband bought me a portable tripod last Christmas as well as a larger one that doesn't travel as well... lol not certain of the termology when differentiating between tripods. I put them to good use though.

IS= Image Stabilizer, on the canon lenses its a little switch on the side of the lens. It will also be written on the lens somewhere. When I shoot with my 75-300 with no IS I always increase my shutter speed to faster that 1/400 to avoid camera shake. Your 2nd shot was taken at 1/125 which is quite 'slow' for that focal length (zoom).

I also like the 2nd, but the lady bug is pretty cool too.

IS= Image Stabilizer, on the canon lenses its a little switch on the side of the lens. It will also be written on the lens somewhere. When I shoot with my 75-300 with no IS I always increase my shutter speed to faster that 1/400 to avoid camera shake. Your 2nd shot was taken at 1/125 which is quite 'slow' for that focal length (zoom).

How how did you know it was taken a 1/125, or rather how do I find it out? Right, so yes my lens does have IS and it is on. I know how to change the shutter speed and have it compliment the ISO, f stop but I am not exactly certain how to use any of them as competently as I would like to be able too. A have a very basic understanding. Slower for moon shots, night shots. Faster for day shots.

I also like the 2nd, but the lady bug is pretty cool too.
Thanks, the ladybug is my husbands favorite. He has always loved it.

How how did you know it was taken a 1/125, or rather how do I find it out? Right, so yes my lens does have IS and it is on. I know how to change the shutter speed and have it compliment the ISO, f stop but I am not exactly certain how to use any of them as competently as I would like to be able too. A have a very basic understanding. Slower for moon shots, night shots. Faster for day shots.

I use a plugin in for my Firefox (exif viewer) where I can see the Exif or meta data from pictures (if this data was not removed by processing software). Your camera saves all the data in the picture file when it creates the picture. This is very handy if you want to see what shutter speed/Aperture ISO etc. you used when taking the shot. This also helps the pros on here to explain to you why your pictures looks like they do , and offer some advice on how to do it differently next time.

Do you use any software to process your images? Most software will also show you the exif data somewhere.

Most reactions

Back