No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Enjoy.....or not ;)

3786922173_be26413650_o.jpg

it definetly took a bunch of tries to get the right angle :D

Absolutely brilliant!

Superb composition. Dramatic expression, line, tone, range.

It doesn't need the selective colouration technique. It's a tremendously strong image in its own right.

Absolutely brilliant!

Superb composition. Dramatic expression, line, tone, range.

It doesn't need the selective colouration technique. It's a tremendously strong image in its own right.

John your review was such an ego booster..thanks for commenting :D. I also have the black and white version where the contrast is increased a bit more to emphasize on the shadow. I actually can't decide between the two since I've been wanting to print this in a canvas for my little girl who loves the swing.

3794109014_c3bfb4f875_o.jpg

Let me know what you guys like between the two?

Ah. *sigh of relief* Much better. I don't like selective colour at all.

Ah. *sigh of relief* Much better. I don't like selective colour at all.

You just earned a few brownie points from my wife :lol: . She loves the monochrome version.

Can I exchange those points for a new lens? :lol:

It's a whole lot of improvement. Mostly because the shadow isn't completely overwhelmed by the colour, so the interesting similarity between the girl swinging and her shadow isn't lost.

Can I exchange those points for a new lens? :lol:

It's a whole lot of improvement. Mostly because the shadow isn't completely overwhelmed by the colour, so the interesting similarity between the girl swinging and her shadow isn't lost.

LOL..I'm yearning for the 50L 1.2L myself. I think brownie points only gets us one of these : :thumbup:

The pink does take the shadow's significance..my interpretation for leaving the pink is to declare her femininity. I'm still torn on which one I personally like...do appreciate the input.

camz, ask your daughter which version SHE prefers?

Good point John. Wanted to surprise her but it's probably a good idea of she gets to choose.

I know you didn't ask for it, but my advice: Just get the 50mm f/1.4. It still has USM and built just as solidly. All you're really getting with the L is an extra third of a stop, which isn't all that much. Unless you really want the 12-blade aperture for some reason, the f/1.4 offers very nearly exactly the same quality (and performs better in some instances) as the f/1.2. *shrug*

Good that, thank you for removing the pink, it was hideous.

You guys can hate me all you want, but the selective color is nicer in my opinion. Perhaps desaturating the pink so that you can get the best of both worlds (almost) because I really love the idea of her declaring her femininity.

Nice Shot.

Most reactions

Back