Switching from CS to CS3

Parago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys..

I've finally gotten my hands on Photoshop CS3.

Until now I've used only CS, I totally skipped CS2. Now my question.. are the differences THAT big that I should invest in a class or at least a book and if so, what book can you guys recommend that also points out differences for users who've used older versions of PS before and are not entirely new to the whole thing or can I get up-to-date by just playing around with it and find out for myself?

Thanks =)

Some things are easier, like stitching panoramas, and HDR. No need to get a book, you can Google the answers. The new Adobe Camera RAW program that comes with it is a LOT better. Also, Bridge is quite good.

I have only used CS2 and now CS3. It was a bit awkward at first for me, but now it's like I've never used anything else.

I did use a book to help me with aspects of CS2 that I didn't have any clue about though. I used "Photoshop CS2 Studio Techniques by Ben Willmore" and got it at a local Borders. It helped me out a lot with tools that I had no idea how to use or what they were for.

It was 50$, but I still haven't gotten a chance to learn and use all of the techniques he shows how to do in it.

edit: here's a link for the new CS3 version by the same author on Amazon for only 35$ if you think you'd like to go that route :D
(http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-CS3-Studio-Techniques/dp/0321510461)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to both of you!

Some things are easier, like stitching panoramas, and HDR. No need to get a book, you can Google the answers. The new Adobe Camera RAW program that comes with it is a LOT better. Also, Bridge is quite good.

Well, I'm planing on continuing to use Lightroom even though I do like Bridge a lot, too. I've just gotten so used to Lightroom and it really streamlined my workflow tremendously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back