Sycamore Access/ Des Moines Iowa

JRE313

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With this photo I was trying to go for a more Natural Look considering the Image.
I applied a filer from Nik Color efex called "SkyLight" Hope you enjoy!!

Sycamore_Access.jpg

It's listing to starboard. Other than that, I like it.

He got all nautical on you. He means the horizon is lower on the right than it is on the left.

Straighten it, and it's a killer image...

He got all nautical on you. He means the horizon is lower on the right than it is on the left.

Sorry, I dont think I know how to do that

Sorry, I dont think I know how to do that
To help remember which is which - left has 4 letters and so does port, so port = left. Right has more than 4 letters and so does starboard, so starboard = right.

The horizon can be straightened post process by using image editng software like one of the versions of Photoshop.

Using a tripod that has a bubble level helps, as does using the focus points or any other lines your cameras viewfinder has.

I think the image could use a bit of dodging, which I did, and I rotated it 2° CCW and left the black canvas so you can see how much your camera was off level:
Sycamore_AccessRotated.jpg

Very nice HDR BTW.
You did a good job dealing with any ghosting in the trees or there was zero wind.
The foreground makes this shot, IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back