Sydney, Australia - Night shots. C+C.

mcleish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. Not done much night shooting so went out with the tripod and gave it ago. Always looking for feedback to get better so C+C is welcome. Thanks for looking.

DSC_0195 Panorama Final by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_0189-Edit Panorama by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_0188-Edit by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_0181 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_0211 Panorama by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Number 2 is a pano of 3 shots with my 50 1.8, whilst number 4 is a straight shot with my tokina 12-24. I couldn't work out which one was better, if any. I think I'm swaying towards number 4 because i like the colours in the water... But i always appreciate everyone else's opinion.

These shots are very good. Having seen all of this in person I can tell you that you captured the area well. #4 looks to be a little fuzzy, was it shot from the water taxi landing? #3 looks clearer than #1, looks very good for not having a tripod. I will post some later this week of the ones I took. I used one of the lamp posts by the water taxi landing to help me stabilize my shots.

@tiltshift - 3 and 4 have been caught with my tokina 12 24, 1 and 2 are panos with my 50 1.8 and the 5th is a pano with my 55-300. Thanks for the words.

@JTB - ah kind of embarrassing.. They are all shot on a tripod. All the night ones were basically 25seconds so I may have gotten a tiny bit of shake in the process. #4 was taken more or less under the bridge (where #3 was taken). Thanks for taking the time to look mate.

All photographs are nice of a beautiful city. I like the #2 panoramic shot simply because there is less blank space, but #4 has a bit more pop and better exposure.

There are some distortion issues, especially the lamp post in #3. Perhaps a different perspective or a crop would have been better with that type of lens. Nice work.

Nice shots. Great city, hoping to get back there one day!

Thanks for the look and comments. I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back