Symmetry - again

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Spain Court, Boston, Lincolnshire, a modest courtyard development built about 1780 and still going strong.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/200...rd-living.html

Boston-Spain-Court.jpg

i loveeee good symmetry and framing...the content isn't that interesting but the lines really make it such a great picture!

i really like this image!!! i just keep staring at it.

my only nitpick has nothing to do with you, but that the right side only has one door while the left side begins with two.

great shot! good framing, nice contrast, and its interesting. where is it?

Thanks for the comments Mesoam, lostcase-gib & spiffybeth. I like a bit of symmetry now and then, and I spotted this view this afternoon, just before it started to rain, so I grabbed a quick shot.

Regards, Tony

Nice shot, I like it too!

One small item, not sure if it is just me, but I feel that the horizon (not that there is one in this pic) but if there were, it would be slanted a couple of degrees down on the right side. Maybe rotating it up a little would smooth that out.

But still a lovely photo

Looks great in b/w. Love how my eye is drawn into the shot and all the way down to the window (?) at the end. Well spotted.

me like! the two doors on the left, that's actually a nice 'break' with the symmetry.

good work.

pascal

Thanks for the further comments on this one. The arch at the end is a gate. Typically these led onto shared gardens. I don't know if this one does. The doubling of doors on the left makes a welcome break in the symmetry. When I was processing the shot I wondered if my position had caused that, but it couldn't. Must go back and check.

Regards, Tony

The doubling of doors on the left makes a welcome break in the symmetry. When I was processing the shot I wondered if my position had caused that, but it couldn't.

I think it could, maybe, since there is more room from the first-floor window on the near lefthand side towards the frame as there is on the right, though it isn't MUCH more room.

Nevertheless, I still like this photo, as I tend to ... well ... erm ... like all your photos :blulsh2:

Most reactions

Back