TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Warrantied T2i body
2 Canon batteries
50mm 1.8 lens
Original Cannon vertical grip
16gb transcend class 10 memory card
Original cables and such

I'm waiting on some pictures, an actuation count and to see if it comes with an 18-55mm or not. The seller is asking $550 shipped, is this a good deal? What other sorts of questions should I be asking?

I would really appreciate your input as this is the best deal I have seen on one to date!

So it does not come with the 18-55. Still waiting on the rest of the info.

Ask if it's stolen? The body alone goes for $650 on bh. I understand it's used, but considering the camera is a one year old (advanced) entry level, it's probably in at least okay condition.

If you can get it for that, go for it, but check out the source first. Good camera, I own the same one!

Canon's (just one N) warranty, like Nikon's warranty only applies to the original owner.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. and Canon Canada Inc. (collectively "Canon") warrant to the original end-user purchaser, when delivered in new condition in its original container, that the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase...
Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS Rebel T2i EF-S 18-55mm IS Kit

Of course any 3rd party warranties will vary.

The condition of the gear in the deal has a large bearing on it's market value. Accurate shutter actuation counts for Canon entry-level cameras is hard to come by, because Canon's software does not write that information to the camera's metadata.

Most reactions

Back