T2i Soft pictures????

janeJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I own the XT, XTI and just recently got the T2i. They all have the kit lenses. with the t2i For some reason my pictures appear soft and I get more blurry ones while working events than I do w/ my old XT. I tried changing the lenses around, using a 550 flash, using the built in flash... I usually set it on the general green square setting. I have shot at Mfine, Lfine and raw and most of the images are not worth blowing up over 8x10... from what i understand at 18 mega pixels it should be sharp at 6 feet tall..... so any ideas.... ?? I have a friend that owns a Xsi and all her pictures are soft too..

Forget about green square, and learn how to take control because your camera is adjusting the settings and not you. It is all user error why do people always blame the camera ?

So I own the XT, XTI and just recently got the T2i. They all have the kit lenses. with the t2i For some reason my pictures appear soft and I get more blurry ones while working events than I do w/ my old XT. I tried changing the lenses around, using a 550 flash, using the built in flash... I usually set it on the general green square setting. I have shot at Mfine, Lfine and raw and most of the images are not worth blowing up over 8x10... from what i understand at 18 mega pixels it should be sharp at 6 feet tall..... so any ideas.... ?? I have a friend that owns a Xsi and all her pictures are soft too..
9 times out of 10, it's user error.

Can you show us some examples of the blurry shots your getting?

i uploaded a picture from insert image button and I am not sure how to post it ??

WED424-1.jpg

ok lets see if this worked

WED424-1.jpg

they are not blurry just not as sharp as i would expect from this camera.... and in response to the first poster.. i do use it in other settings, when i have time too... working weddings can be very fast paced.... the last venue gave me 30 minutes to take about 100 different group pictures...

I can see the photo...but it's too small to make any judgement on sharpness.

yeah the tutorial had me add it in using photo bucket..that's what it gave me... basically whne u zoom in they are soft looking around faces etc... some arevery sharp.. most soft... u would not notice at 5x7..

Last edited:
I also read on another forum that the 18-55 kit lenses just are not doing the newer canon cameras proper justice... but i really would not know what lens to buy to optimize my cameras abilities..

It's probably a lens issue. I had similar problems with the kit lens on my XT a year ago. I would have to stop it down to f11 before I got anything "sharp".

Give us some real details, not this. This is useless and too small for any real judgment. What are your exposure settings? What are your picture style settings? What is your PP?
Dunno what do you expect us to see from a 300x200 image.

calm down Tomasko... i new to this forum as of a few hours ago and don't know how to upload a bigger picture.. i'm working on it

bitter- yes..as of last weekend 32 i have shot so far.. i have one booked every weekend for ever pretty much...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back