tablet help

photog4life

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A main reason for me to get my tablet was so that I could show off my pictures, but the colors are way off. They are a bit darker and more contrasty on this tablet screen vs my laptop screen. What can I do to fix this? Thank you guys! You've helped me out a bunch lately lol

Is your laptop calibrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of tablet? My spyder 4 pro says it will calibrate my iPhone and iPads, although I haven't tried it yet. Obviously it will only work in the datacolor app, but that should work fine since it will access the photos app.

its not calibrated. And i dont even have a calibrator. (might be able to borrow one from a friend) The tablet is a "Nextbook 8inch" .... it's just a cheap one from walmart. I have always calibrated my laptop through the settings thing where you just adjust settings till it falls within the parameters.

oh wait you asked if the laptop was calibrated. the laptop is to those settings like i said above lol... and the tablet is straight out of the box.

I've found the tablets to be pretty close to color correct.

Nearly all desktops and laptops are way out of whack. Odds are very good that your problem is in your laptop, not the tablet.

And calibrated means having a device that can measure your screen and make a software adjustment to ensure it is correct. Anything short of that is NOT calibrated.

ok so the laptop is not calibrated. What can I do to get it as close to calibrated without buying a "calibrator"? I mean the calibrator would cost more then the laptop i use right now so that makes no sense.

Why do my threads keep getting moved? I posted a tablet question last week and it got moved to photography equipment. And this got moved the digital discussion. I don't get it.

Because this is a digital discussion?

I get that. But so was the thread I posted last week.. It got moved from Digital discussion to photography equipment. No matter where I post stuff it gets moved. I'm just confused because I don't know where I am supposed to post threads.

But anyways, does anybody know how to get as close as possible to a calibrated monitor without buying a calibrator? My laptop costs me 80 bucks off a friend and the cheapest calibrator I saw was 125 used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back