Taboo?

Just_Brian81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went to the small cemetary in town here and snapped some pictures today. Is taking pictures at a cemetary concidered taboo? Oh well, whats done is done. C&C please. I'm not big into photoshop other than crops, so tell me what you think might need to change as far as the camera goes. I dont want to have to Photoshop out flaws, I want to be able to take pictures without flaws if that makes sence.
Thanks-

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

5. ( my personal favorite )
IMG_2545.jpg

i like your composition. if it's taboo then i'm in trouble too... i've taken some as well. i really like #2

I don't consider it taboo. I really enjoy going to old cemetery's and shooting the old stones. There is a member here called Chiller that has taken cemetery imagery to an art form.

ive shot in cemeteries too.

the first picture is tilted and the monument is bright. too bright for my eyes but that may be my monitor...

i think 4 is your most interesting picture. i find it pleasing that the trees are mostly all leaning to the right while the gravestone is leaning to the left. it gives me an odd sense of balance that i really enjoy.

i hope you were trying to make the pictures tilted for two reasons. 1.) they are all tilted. and 2.) i really like them tilted :D adds a cool and unusual style
and i have taken some in a cementary too :O i hope it's not disrespectful or anything

...the first picture is tilted and the monument is bright. too bright for my eyes but that may be my monitor...
quote]

My pictures seem to have a trend of being too bright with you. I think you told me that my airplane picture hurt your eyes also... :p

I took this picture with some other camera setting also, but this one had the best balance of them all... It was super bright that day, so alot of the white monuments came out super white... They'll get better tho- I promise.

and yes logan, I was actually trying to make some of them tilted. Not so much the trees though ( like in #4 ), that was probabaly because i was standing on a hill and havnet PS them at all.

Thanks for the comments er'body!

Cemeteries are being considered a perfect area to do some practising ... at least this is so where I live. The older the cemetery, the better. So no taboo.

I can't help it but the gravestone in Photo 2 makes me think of a vodka bottle :oops: "Lydia" vodka ... :blulsh2:

Exposure looks like it wasn't easy in the light you had, maybe go at a later hour with less harsh light?

I think number 1 is over exposed.

Whether you chopped No2 by accident or not I really like the way the stone enters the frame.

No5 also catches my interest.

Cemeteries are being considered a perfect area to do some practising ... at least this is so where I live. The older the cemetery, the better. So no taboo.

I can't help it but the gravestone in Photo 2 makes me think of a vodka bottle :oops: "Lydia" vodka ... :blulsh2:

Exposure looks like it wasn't easy in the light you had, maybe go at a later hour with less harsh light?

It was super bright out, and the sun was directly behind me on #1. I really didnt plan on taking any pictures on sunday, but i passed the cemetary on my way to my parents house. after I got done visiting over there it was already way too dark... or way too dark to be going in a cemetary thats for sure!!! :lmao:

ok, here is what the camera was set on for #1. Tell me please what i should have been set on !

1/640 tv, 10av, 200 iso, and 23mm focal length.

Like I said before, I'm super new at all these gizmos and options on my camera. I usualy just push a bunch of buttons and change stuff around until it looks ok. There is really no method to my madness if you will.

Thanks For the advice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back