Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD IF Lens w/Built in Motor WORTH IT ??

tinman84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

i found this lens Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD IF Lens w/Built in Motor is on sale for $465

i own a D3100 nikon right now ...

and compared to 18-55 VR kit lens that i got with my D3100 how does the above lens perform ??

is it worth it to buy if i can get rid of my 18- 55 and 55-200 lenses ??

I've seen that guy before, I didn't like him at first but each time I see one of his videos I like him more. This one was hilarious he seems to be making the videos for me as he knew exactly when I was sick of listening and wanted to see a hot chick. ha ha I have this lens on my canon, it's a great walking lens but is not as good as say my sigma 17-50mm although if it were as good nobody would buy the other lenses so I think that says a lot right there, I'm going to be a pal and post a photo I took at the 270mm at a Brewers game, it's not a great photo but I couldn't imagine bringing a bunch of lenses to the game so this was the best choice as I said great walking camera.

He can sometimes be pretty anoying indeed but in the end I think his conclusions are fair.

@tinman84: Having never used this lens it is hard to answer your question but increasing the range of a lens doens't improve the quality of the picture. Like mcgavin said it will be more handy in usage but your photos will not necessarily get better.

brewerstpf.jpg

savannahwater.jpg

Here are a couple images with that lens. The baseball one is kind of high iso, can't get a very large aperture out of the lens but again there really wasn't a choice the lens was perfect for the game in general. I think I paid $500 for mine new so maybe a little less than you are talking on a used one would be fair. FYI that's my soon to be model niece in the photo above, luckily I have lots of guns so I never need to worry about her dating someday.

Thanks much for the replies :)

and mcgavin your niece is hot :D

Most reactions

Back