Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 vs Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II

I think I've just decided to rent both lenses and use them for a few days in different scenarios, and I'll just have to make my mind up.

let us know what you find, I am very interested as i am in the same boat you are. Be really interested to see what you think of the Tamron for landscape, specifically corner/edge sharpness. Be a fun few days for ya.

why not settle for the 24-70 f2.8 i? it still is an amazing lense. still is more sharp compared to the tamron as well..

if you test it on your t3i, probably not much different. When you test it on a full frame, it does not compare. 24-70 II all the way.

I'd assume that much is fairly true, but even the reviews I've seen have shown that on a FF it's still about 90% of the overall performance of the Canon.

It won't be after 10 years of constant use

"So say lets pretend money isn't an issue" but most of your follow-up posts speak mostly about money hmm ?? The Canon will give superior results period. How much better than Tamron & is the price difference justified are all comments saying $$ is an issue .... so here's my 2 cents .... buy what you could afford if photography isn't paying the bills :)

Most reactions

Back