Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 Sharpness Test Wide Open, Stopped Down, & Zoom Extremes

This is becoming impossible to make a choice. Whenever I narrow it down to something with all the features I want, it turns out to be an L lens that I dont have the budget for. No wonder these things got a high price tag lol. I think I'll just have to take the plunge on one of these and make a learning experience out of it.

which one are you looking at?

Was looking at the two tamron's mentioned, possibly the sigma, but then if i want a usm or equiv. zoom, im pretty much looking at L glass. Its like when you go to buy a computer or a car, and they keep upgrading you one step at a time, like for only $x amount more you can get this, and more for this, and then you realize your way out of your budget.

I was looking over my shots taken with my old powershot, and most of them were taken at the far end of it's focal length 12x, but I plan to get a seperate 70-200 for the moto-x I shoot. I keep thinking ill miss that ~50-70 if I settle with the tamron 17-50. But on the other hand I think im underestimating the lower end of the focal range at the same time.

the 50-70 gap isn't that big...a minor crop at 50mm will do the trick.

Yeah, I think ill look more into the sigma 18-50 or the tamron 17-50.

LOL, all this time and I find out my dad has a film SLR hidden away somewhere. Had a 28-80mm on it, so I played with that for a while on my 30D. Thanks for the advice! 28mm is deff too narrow for a walk around lens. Im for sure going to get a ~17-50 now.

Most reactions

Back