Tamron 70-200/2.8

MichaelHenson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quick question - I noticed last night that my lens (stated above) has some weird motor noise going on while autofocusing. It almost sounds like the motor is straining to focus at the extremes (meaning 200mm focal length with a very close subject). It still seems to focus quickly and with normal noise on less extreme examples - Subject further away, not at 200mm, etc.

Is this normal? Should I be worried about my autofocus motor going out on me?

Thanks!

I'd be worried about any noticeable/big change, but then again we have a 70-200 tamron at the office, the very first version (non-VC) and it's louder then my car.
Still works though. o_O

Yeah, I'm not even certain it's a big change. I typically don't take photos up close with it racked all the way out to 200mm (I was taking some ring shots just messing around at home).

Hopefully, it's just in those scenarios. I don't want it to crap out on me when I need it, but don't want to jump to the conclusion that it's in need of expensive repair. That's why I though I'd throw it on here and get some feedback from the experts! :)

Is it the vc one, is this with vc turned on? Some lenses do make funny noises with vc,is, os, vr etc

My Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC is as quiet as a sleeping baby with VC or without it!

My advice, get your lens serviced.

The NON-VC lens is LOUD, that's normal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back