Taroona

julius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shot at Taroona Beach / Tasmania / Australia (The place I shot my first roll of film :blushing:)

Soon after taking the shot I got extremely wet :er:

481969074_178301083b_o.jpg

Personally, I wasn't sure about the composition because I wanted more of the rocks on the right side, but didn't want the cliff in the background to pass behind the rock. So hmm

Thanks for having a look. I'd love to hear any general critique or comments.

Excellent shot!

That's beautiful. I wouldn't worry about the composition... there's enough play between the foreground and background to keep interest! Nice shot!

Nothing to worry about compositionwise here. I think you planned well in not getting the foreground rock in touch with the background cliff.
Is this one of your first handmade prints in the darkroom, too?
Did you do the dodging of the foreground rock?
I like it!

And I can see the rain arrive!
It shows that you did not have a lot more time to run from where you took this!!!

Do you remember your exposure time?

Andrew & Danir: Thanks heaps for your kind words

La Foto: Thanks for your comment :) I think I may have brought about some confusion in my first post. I shot my first roll of bw film at this beach a year or so ago but this shot is not from that session. I went back a couple of days ago and shot this with my dslr and converted to bw in photoshop. I'm very happy that the genuine film look came across to you though! It's strange because I'm converting 90% of my digital shots to BW at the moment :confused:, I think it's time to open up the darkroom again :).

Regarding exposure times post processing etc. The difference between the intensity of light in the foreground and background was quite extreme - so I made a 3 shot HDR to even out the exposure a little. This also meant that the shutter speed ranged from around 2-20 seconds, so it gave the effect of the water blending with the sand.

I did a little selective dodging and burning in photoshop.

Thanks again :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back