Te Henga Christmas II

When I first started looking at your photos I just said to myself that this guy has some excellent areas to photograph. But that doesn't seem to be the case. All your photographs are just so damn consistently great. Only explanation is the eye behind the camera and the brain behind the eye. It's seeing pictures like these that keep me out, taking photos.

Sorry if I sound drunk. I am. :)

explody pup said:
When I first started looking at your photos I just said to myself that this guy has some excellent areas to photograph. But that doesn't seem to be the case. All your photographs are just so damn consistently great. Only explanation is the eye behind the camera and the brain behind the eye. It's seeing pictures like these that keep me out, taking photos.

Sorry if I sound drunk. I am. :)

exactly! But Vonnagy is my idol :) he is a great photographer :) and I'd love to be able to take even one shot a year that is as good as those shots :)

:oops:

quite honestly, if my pics are good... its only because I take ALOT of photos. There were about 100 taken that evening in a 45 minute timespan. In addition once a photo is taken, i can spend hours tweaking it if i like. Sometimes all the tweaking in pshop will do no good and i discard it.

When I say tweak - I don't mean adding in elements that were not there before. rather its can be a painstaking process of bringing out the lighting, colour and atmosphere that I see in a photograph. Of course the better the photograph is the less I have to 'post process' ;)

Basically the more you do, they better ya get at it. If they pics are good, they've probably come more from experience than natural talent.

mentos_007 said:
exactly! But Vonnagy is my idol :) he is a great photographer :) and I'd love to be able to take even one shot a year that is as good as those shots :)

I think I found a new idol. #1 and #2 are my absolute favorites. They are breath taking.

I know what you mean about taking a lot of photos. That has been my strategy lately. But it isn't only that. It's the talent of the photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back