tea time.

ArtFreak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$13840399795_ee264ce179_b.jpg

Spring tea with Miss Adorable! C&C welcome. :)

Last edited:
Adorable pose! But to me it seems slightly underexposed. There was no need to shoot at 1/800th! Back that off to 1/250th or 1/320, and you would have a better exposure, I believe.

Jake

Cute baby!

1. Always watch your background. There is a yellow flower touching her head.
2. Frame in portrait format if your subject/pose is primarily vertical, and if there is particular reason to frame horizontally.
3. As mentioned, expose correctly.

Oh my Gosh--that baby's grandma would flip over that photo!!! What a lovely dress she has--soooooo well-matched to a tea party type shot! My main issue with the photo is that the baby's head is too high, at the very edge of the frame--and that causes visual tension which is not desired in this instance. She needed to have more space above her head. I agree, it also does look a bit underexdposed. The lighting looks "flat", and I think you could easily LIGHTEN IT UP, a LOT, and make it feel very spring-like.

I know you JUST bought Lightroom, like a day ago, so you'll soon see how amazingly easy it is to edit shots made under low-contrast lighting like this.

Cute baby!

1. Always watch your background. There is a yellow flower touching her head.

Pretty sure that's a picked dandelion, deliberately picked, then tucked in behind her little ear...

Thanks guys! She is an entertaining little model to work with. :)
For some reason I prefer horizontal orientation to portrait but her head is definitely cut too close here. An especial tragedy as she has such wonderful baby fuzz on her head! As Derrel and Seadawg guessed, I put the dandelion behind her ear on purpose but I could see why is might be mistaken for background.

Oh my Gosh--that baby's grandma would flip over that photo!!! What a lovely dress she has--soooooo well-matched to a tea party type shot!

I know you JUST bought Lightroom, like a day ago, so you'll soon see how amazingly easy it is to edit shots made under low-contrast lighting like this.

Thank you!! Her mom absolutely loves it. :)
Yes, I got LR5 yesterday evening and have been having loads of fun messing around with since then. It's so hard to get anything else done when I have new photo software to figure out!

Here is a version I lightened up and added some contrast to. Is that on the right track? I agree the first one really didn't feel springy. Which kind of kills the point of the photo! LOL

$13852430073_8b3067f724_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back