Technically it's still SUMMER, but....

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This scene on the far northern edge of Rocky Mountain National Park belies the notion. Taken last Saturday afternoon, the 16th of September. I know the snow on the rock is a bit hot, but I can live with it. :)

Pentax *istDL
Focal length: 23.0mm (35mm equivalent: 34mm)
Exposure time: 0.250 s (1/4)
Aperture: f/22.0
ISO equiv.: 200

IMGP1959.jpg

Makes me feel cold already :)

Wonderful capture, there is always something soothing about flowing water and ice.

Soooooooooooooooooo CCD how ya liking our weather today? lol They are talking 1-2 feet in the high country for snow.....sigh.....fall color season this year certainly didn't last but a week :( Spose will have to hit parks in downtown to get some now....
Love this shot! Talk about dramatic! Glad I have a hot cup of coffee with me. How are the Elk in Estes? Was reading on OE about how PT was charged by a Bull....yikes. Anyways, did you ND this shot to get it smooth?

Thanks for the comments. John, I wouldn't dismiss the colors in the high country just yet. There are some places that notoriously peak much later....Kebler Pass for example. I actually did not go to Estes....I went over Cameron Pass and drove south on the Long Draw Road to get close to the Park.

That running water looks cool. I mean: in both senses. Along with snow it also looks ... erm ... COLD.
And I don't want "cold" as yet!
We are going through such a wonderful, wonderful spell of late summer (Indian Summer?) with lovely temps and totally clear skies, lots of sunshine, air like it's been washed ... and you show us the first SNOW - shiver! :D

Hey, Chris, so now you are a glorious 24 years old? As of 16 September? Late happy birthday! :D

Lucky. It's all rain here in Vancouver. (Has anything changed?)
I like the shot though. You'd think with all the rain around here, I'd be able to find some running water for this sort of thing, but alas, laziness prevails.

Most reactions

Back