What's new

Tell me about these Nikkor lenses!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
9,331
Reaction score
2,724
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found someone who is selling both these lenses; Nikon 24-70mm and 14-24mm f2.8 lens - for $1600 each. I just ordered a new D700...good match to go with my 70-200 vri?
 
is that a real question ?

The smartest thing you can do it buy those 2 lens to pair with your 70-200.
 
lol, thanks! :D
 
Get a 24mm prime and a 50mm then go to the GYM get on the running machine.

There you go that is your 14-24 and 24-70.
 
i would just get the 24-70. maybe im biased against the wide angles.
 
14-24 is a very wide lens, more as a specialty than anything and you won't use it much.

If you have the dough get both, but if you have a choice, get the 24-70.
 
14-24 wont take filters so its a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
 
Good info. I'll focus on the 24-70, no pun intended ;)
 
so $1600 is a decent price for a lightly used example?
 
for a really lightly used with no mark or whatever its not a bad price. lens is 1869 + taxe on bh right now
 
Walmart has them on sale for $1869 (tax included) delivered. Contemplating the extra $269 for piece of mind?
 
I have never had to submit any Nikon gear I have bought, new or used, for work that would have been covered by a warranty.

I did once have to have a camera body repaired because of impact damage.

So, it's been years since I have bought any new Nikon gear, and always buy used (no warranty) gear instead.

That is 10 camera bodies and about 16 lenses in the last 5 years. The money I have saved by buying used will more than makeup for any future repair I have to pay for out-of-pocket that a warranty may have covered.
 
Walmart has them on sale for $1869 (tax included) delivered. Contemplating the extra $269 for piece of mind?

hurm, i would try to get it down a few 100s for the only reason warranty is not transferable. for 269 extra just get it new.
 
I like to peek at ebay too to find out what a "friend's item" or a craiglist find is typically selling for on the used market.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom