What's new

Tell me about these Nikkor lenses!

Walmart has them on sale for $1869 (tax included) delivered. Contemplating the extra $269 for piece of mind?

hurm, i would try to get it down a few 100s for the only reason warranty is not transferable. for 269 extra just get it new.

When KmH shares info thats like word to me. But I can agree with the part about getting the price down "in general".
 
Screw it, I just ordered a 70-200 VRII and the 24-70 f.2.8 and that about taps me out.....for now :D
 
Screw it, I just ordered a 70-200 VRII and the 24-70 f.2.8 and that about taps me out.....for now :D

The difference this will make in your pictures at any f stop is incalculable.
You won't have to fight equipment to make the pictures you can see in your mind's eye.
 
Mated to the D700 I think I'll be in good shape for a time to come :D

I'm shooting a wedding for friends next month but not as a primary, just for practice. I promised to stay out of the way of the pro (a guy I know) and out perform him in quality in the process ;)

and another wedding a week later for the wife's family. Good practice for me, back up and candids for them :)
 
Mated to the D700 I think I'll be in good shape for a time to come :D

I'm shooting a wedding for friends next month but not as a primary, just for practice. I promised to stay out of the way of the pro (a guy I know) and out perform him in quality in the process ;)

and another wedding a week later for the wife's family. Good practice for me, back up and candids for them :)

Good luck on your wedding shoots. I have recently become the proud owners of both the lenses you just purchased...I am having a blast playing with my new toys. :thumbup:
 
I hate waiting for delivery, yet love the anticpation of shooting a FX with top of the line glass. I already have a MB-D10 to pair up with the D700 too.

I think I really want to add a black rapid strap so I can should it while hiking more comfortably and at least a CPL if not a Cokin filter set too.... does the want list ever end?
 
does the want list ever end?

Short answer, no.

When the "want list" turns into a "need list" you know you are doing things right.

Congrats on the new glass, I would have passed on the 14-24 also, just get a wide prime.






p!nK
 
Might want to look at the 17-55mm f2.8 while your at it. I am drooling over the 24-70mm but find I use my sigma 17-50 f2.8 a lot. Wish Nikon would make a 17 - 70mm f2.8!
 
The 17-55f2.8 is a DX lens. ;) On the D700 (I just purchased) the 24-70 f2.8 will give me the equivalent of a 16mm-46mm on a DX crop body.
 
The 17-55f2.8 is a DX lens. On the D700 (I just purchased) the 24-70 f2.8 will give me the equivalent of a 16mm-46mm on a DX crop body. Excellent point!!!!! I am so jealous of your new glass!!! Enjoy (I know you will)!
 
Thank you! I just wish it'd get here quicker!
 
yeah it's a bit heavy but at 6' 225lbs I can handle it ;)
 
Trever1t, congratz and welcome to the club. Did you get your badge yet?

While you're waiting......... (not safe for wannabees) CLICKY


On the D700 (I just purchased) the 24-70 f2.8 will give me the equivalent of a 16mm-46mm on a DX crop body.
You might want to check your math again.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom