What's new

tell me about this one

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
6,494
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Wonderland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm kind of not sure what I feel about this one... but here we go... and tell me what you think.

thanks!



metro in Brussels
 
I like this. I like the leading lines back into the tunnel and the whole shot has a kind of mirror effect going on, or at least it feels that way to me...kind of like, is the platform on the right an actual platform or a reflection in glass of the platform on the left. :thumbup:
 
Thanks for letting me know Carol :)
 
Nice lines and exposure. But IMO it suffers from not having a focal point/purpose... There's just nothing going on to engage the viewer.
 
no subject public shot. what saves it is the lines and patterns and your choice for bw transition combined with dof.

so a uninteresting shot has a little effect and becomes semi interesting.

For what you had to work with, you made something decent out of it. which says a lot about the person taking the photo as much as the photo.
 
bribrius have you just given me a compliment? Nevermind...I'll just think that way ;)


Thank you guys for letting me know
 
bribrius have you just given me a compliment? Nevermind...I'll just think that way ;)


Thank you guys for letting me know
yes. And following some of your work It is well deserved.
 
I like the lines! I love straight lines.
 
It feels like three, separate scenes, in one photo. It's a bit different. No one, single, dominant subject immediately pops out, but each section, the left, the tracks, the right hand side platform, each section has its allure. The issue is that there's a lot of information buried in a SMALL-sized image; I looked at this on Flickr, but even that is not large enough to savor the details. Photos like this need to be SEEN. Large. Photos of this type just do not "show" well on the world wide web. The massive size reduction the web imposes make detail-filled wider scenes like this seem marginalized....the viewer literally can not SEE the nuances much of the time. The very strong, dominant lines bisect the image, and make it difficult to focus on the right hand side platform. It takes a lot of work to explore a photo like this when it is seen small; such is one of the main obstacles to enjoying high-resolution digital images seen on the small stage of the web.
 
It feels like three, separate scenes, in one photo. It's a bit different. No one, single, dominant subject immediately pops out, but each section, the left, the tracks, the right hand side platform, each section has its allure. The issue is that there's a lot of information buried in a SMALL-sized image; I looked at this on Flickr, but even that is not large enough to savor the details. Photos like this need to be SEEN. Large. Photos of this type just do not "show" well on the world wide web. The massive size reduction the web imposes make detail-filled wider scenes like this seem marginalized....the viewer literally can not SEE the nuances much of the time. The very strong, dominant lines bisect the image, and make it difficult to focus on the right hand side platform. It takes a lot of work to explore a photo like this when it is seen small; such is one of the main obstacles to enjoying high-resolution digital images seen on the small stage of the web.
... music to my ears ;)

but seriously... I soo agree with you :)

thanks

... just for the record... flickr destroyed photo. so noisy
 
You know, it almost makes me think about the current photo challenge-secrets. All these people, and one thing in common: they all have some kind of secret, the big dark tunnel. That's just my nutty interpretation. Maybe I'm thinking too far into it, but I like it a lot.
 
Last edited:
It feels like three, separate scenes, in one photo. It's a bit different. No one, single, dominant subject immediately pops out, but each section, the left, the tracks, the right hand side platform, each section has its allure. The issue is that there's a lot of information buried in a SMALL-sized image; I looked at this on Flickr, but even that is not large enough to savor the details. Photos like this need to be SEEN. Large. Photos of this type just do not "show" well on the world wide web. The massive size reduction the web imposes make detail-filled wider scenes like this seem marginalized....the viewer literally can not SEE the nuances much of the time. The very strong, dominant lines bisect the image, and make it difficult to focus on the right hand side platform. It takes a lot of work to explore a photo like this when it is seen small; such is one of the main obstacles to enjoying high-resolution digital images seen on the small stage of the web.
... music to my ears ;)

but seriously... I soo agree with you :)

thanks
while I agree with your agreement with his agreement. I believe you can only for sure agree with this, if you the photographer plan on printing top level and larger than standard size, so the viewer can verify the parts of the frame may be appealing and they wont go unnoticed.
so fork out your wallet... you took the photo that cant just have a simple main subject..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom