Tell me please...too dark??

m_verbruggen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Many years ago I shot these picture in India with my first medion point and shoot camera. I have been going through my photo's on my laptop now and recently I saw one of my pictures on another computer and the colors seemed totally different from the ones on my laptop! Although I can see everything clear here and it doesn't seem so dark, on the other PC all my photo's looked very dark and sometimes you couldn't even see faces! Now I am wondering, is it my laptop or the other computer? Can you guys let me know how you see these pictures? If they are too dark or not? Thank you for you help!

Afbeelding 136 by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

Afbeelding 005 by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

Afbeelding 067 by m_verbruggen, on Flickr

Too dark. Google calibrating monitor. There is an online test. It is not that accurate but better than nothing.

Its just so sad because all the pictures seem perfect on my laptop and I have edited so many pictures and colors and now it seems that all look bad!!! :(

At least you have the originals and you can re-edit....=) Live and learn.:sexywink:

Laptop editing is very tricky...head-to-screen angle is critical, and laptop screens themselves are often pretty sub-par. To me, #1 and #3 look too dark, while the photo of the kids in the tree looks like it was taken around 1/2 hour after sunrise...in other words, it also is too dark. But not quite as badly dark as the first and last pictures.

Thanks so much guys, Yes I have learned not to edit any of my photos until i have a desktop. Which I will never have since I travel a lot. Well I know now anyway that when the pics look good on my laptop that they are probably too dark!

I don't think it has anything to do with the calibration, it's just the quality of my screen.

I'm kind of new to the whole photography world so I have to learn a lot.

Thanks again for your time!

Can't really tell, because photos from the first post are unavailable...

ok thanks for the feedback, it already looks so bright on my laptop!
Check your settings then! You know, the settings can be changed ;) You can change brightness even on your cell phone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back