Tell Me What You Think Please.

Heya "SlapMe...", welcome to ThePhotoForum.

When you read "Last edited by LaFoto" underneath your original post, this is so because I went to make your photos shown to the forum directly ... and the next time you load up photos from Photobucket I recommend you click on the third of the three possibilities, the URL wrapped into the [IMG ].....[/IMG ] brackets, that will make the photos show up here right in your post.

Now as to your photos ... I am not one keen on weapons and guns, so the subject matter is not "for me" really, but I see how well you worked with the light, and I particularly like the last of the photos here.

The experts on film photography and darkroom work will know more about the methods you used and those you contemplated, sorry, I don't know a thing about that....

IMO, Altho I think these are quite well done, there are some odd things in your pictures. Although they are universally well positioned and exposed, you have deliberately cropped too close on some, clipping the radius if naturally occuring curves and hurting the composition. #5 and #6 especially.

PS: I am neutral about guns. Dangerous people look for avenues to do harm. It is not the weapon that searches out the evil person.

Welcome to the forum.

I like what you have done here...I'd bet that the prints look stunning. I like the crop in #5 & #6...well I like #6 more. I don't mind when a radius is clipped...the mind's eye fill is in, and it give your eye a place to enter and exit the frame. A complete shape can often feel stagnant in a composition.

I do, however, feel that the crop is too tight on the first two. It get feels like the gun needs more space.

#3 is my favorite, great texture and tones.

While a couple of the crops may not be perfect in my opinion, your strict attention to focus and lighting make a lot of them pop in my mind. Especially numbers 3 and 6. The texture is fantastic!

I agree with others that some of the cropping is not what I would of chosen, but the attention to lighting and texture I think is excellent. I really like the feel of the photo's and B/W is an excellent choice for a mono textured subject like this.

And welcome :)

Regards,
Peter Witham

these images really shed a new light on the beauty of guns...you might want to play around with the lighting conditions when you take the pictures insted of just adjusting the contrast in the darkroom...i really like the cropping in #2.

Most reactions

Back