Tennesse Mountain High

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last trip of the year for us to what's like a 2nd home. Took the scenic route back traversing the eastern section of the Foothills Parkway. If you ever have the chance to visit the area it's beautiful anytime of the year. Lots of curves and switch backs as it climbs to roughly 2500 feet before descending back in the valley outside Maryville, TN, but the highway is wide and nice with lots of places to pull off and look. We got away a little later then I intended, but still got a few worth keeping. I was surprised at how bright and clear it was at the top.

As we climbed up to the first pull off the town of Townsend was below still with morning mist between us.
Mountain High.jpg

Further up we go
Mountain High-2.jpg

And finally above the clouds in the valley below.
Mountain High-3.jpg

My mother was born in Tennessee in 1931. I still really do not know a lot about the state

Beautiful area, the wife and I wouldn’t mind settling there once fully retired

@Jeff15 and @Jeff G Thank you. It's a 3-4 hr drive for us depending on where we go. Makes it easy to get away frequently.

@Derrel I've always had a fondness for TN. Though I've never lived in the state I've always lived on the border of it. First in MO and then in AL.

@edsland our goal was to retire there also. We started looking for property in the area 15 years ago before the crash. Acreage to build on was either hard to access or extremely high priced. We'd also looked at some condos that were running in the $250-300 range. We finally opted to build on wooded acreage we already owned in NE Al. After the market crash, the price of many of those same condos we looked at, we're going for a 1/3rd of their original price. The big fire in 2016 wiped out a lot of housing, creating a housing boom again, which currently has prices for property up again.

Nice set. I tried singing the title but it just didn't work with just three syllables. :confusion:

Most reactions

Back