Tennessee law bans posting images that "cause emotional distress"

Wow...just, wow. I want my country back.

As the legal expert in the story said, the law "is clearly unconstitutional". This is not the first ridiculous law a southern state has passed. And it shall not be the last.

..... as a TN resident i see this as total BS, if this is the case being and atheist i feel distressed by the HUGE stained glass window with jesus on the crucifix. does that mean that the preacher of the church spends time in jail? being the bible belt this might be a fun law to fight.

Crucifixion of St Peter by Caravaggio

thecrucifixionofsaintpe.jpg

..... as a TN resident i see this as total BS, if this is the case being and atheist i feel distressed by the HUGE stained glass window with jesus on the crucifix. does that mean that the preacher of the church spends time in jail? being the bible belt this might be a fun law to fight.

The promotion of Jesus and organized religion gives me emotional distress as well.

As the legal expert in the story said, the law "is clearly unconstitutional". This is not the first ridiculous law a southern state has passed. And it shall not be the last.

LOL, I live in the boot. You don't have to tell me twice.

The "law" is a very crude and blunt instrument as it tries to set into black and white what is naturally in shades of grey. I wonder what the back story here is?

The promotion of Jesus and organized religion gives me emotional distress as well.

As does this post. To each their own.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

To which "people" are they referring to when they worry about causing emotional distress. Some people have a deep fear of clowns. Should clown photos be banned? There are phobias for just about everything.

As a resident of Tennessee I think this only pertains to images involving the typical loss of a football game by the Tennessee volunteers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

There are al ot of images that can cause distress, why not just ban all images and video for that matter, wander back to the radio era, but don't listen to "War of the Worlds", that caused distress. While these people are at it, re-write history, and apologize for all the wrong doing that has gone on in the south. May as well let them stick their heads back in the sand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back