What's new

Tentative attempts at abstract...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
FordHhns-Rahmen5.jpg


FordHhns-Rahmen4.jpg


FordHhns-Rahmen3.jpg
 
Love 'em Lafoto...great job. Nice light to work with. :thumbup:
Try shakin yer cam next time for cool special effect. :)
 
They're a bit boirng for me. They seem less abstract more photo of a wall in different lighting conditions.
 
Daniel said:
They're a bit boirng for me. They seem less abstract more photo of a wall in different lighting conditions.

The third one is most interesting because of the shadow. Otherwise, I'd have to agree w/Daniel. Would an even closer shot of the fabric be better?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Don't know... I didn't get any closer to the fabric... would have had to bring a ladder - and that in the car dealers' area of the town? Uh-oh... someone might send from the doctors that bring the shirts with the extra long sleeves...............!

Here are some less abstract photos of the same series:

FordHhns-Rahmen1.jpg


FordHhns-Rahmen2.jpg


And two photos not from the showroom but the offices in the building next to the showroom:

FordHhns-Rahmen6.jpg


FordHhns-Rahmen7.jpg


In that golden light I "honoured" (without their knowledge) more car dealers' shops with photos, but those are for later - if at all. I shall see.....
 
LaFoto I going to have to jump on the bandwagon here the last shot is very cool!! I like it
 
as far as abstract photos go, im very very hard to please but i really like the last one in the first series, especially the light
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
Thank you all :).

The first two (the ones that seem to be a bit boring) are, in fact, crops, and I was trying to follow Joe (clarinetxxx) and Scott (spiralout) in their tracks ... somehow...

The shining, metal wall-covering of that Ford-dealer's - which only gets this golden glow for a couple of minutes in the evening before the sun disappears behind the shopping mall opposite this building - had fascinated me from afar for many evenings in a row, and only on Tuesday did I get to be in that place in time for the photos. Therefore do take the title to this thread literally: these REALLY are only first attempts at going abstract.

Here's what I detected on the side of the building whose front has this metal covering (only above the large showroom windows, mind!), I think this is quite abstract, so much so that I can't tell you what these holes in the wall are there for!

Lcher-Rahmen.jpg
 
Wow! LaFoto You saved the best for last! I really liked the last one but I love this one. Great work!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
Thanks, Randog. :hugs:

"Great work" sounds great in my ears, when all I could ever do was see this, frame this and press the button...... :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
 
Nice stuff. I like the last one in the second series , but the very last one is the best.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom