Test photo compilation

In the early going, you are squandering 50 to 70 percent of the ability to appreciate the images by having the wipes and dissolves and page turning transitions taking up too much time, and not allowing enough viewing time. Also, cut down on the number of transitional effects you are using: less is often more, and when it comes to a fast-paced show like this, there needs to be MORE time for the image view, and a minimal, predictable transition from frame to frame. I would ease wayyyyyy up on the frame transitions, and go to a more-predictable set of tansitions: use ONE type for 10,15 images, and only then move to a different type of transition effect, and run that for a while. Lose any Ken Burns Effect type image displays....this is YouTube...the images are TINY...and we have zero idea of what might be coming up.

A simple, basic, no-frills slide show of your basic images, with an almost seamless dissolve from one frame to another would make this enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for the heads up. I didnt personally edit this slideshow i was just trying to show something quick on youtube a couple weeks ago and dropped my photos in a program, where it made the effects for me.

tearpaper said:
Thanks for the heads up. I didnt personally edit this slideshow i was just trying to show something quick on youtube a couple weeks ago and dropped my photos in a program, where it made the effects for me.

Looks like the application's designer had zero training in cinema or the visual arts. Likely some youngster raised on music videos, who thinks a lot duration camera shot lasts 3.4 to 5 seconds. That's not your fault, but it's the fault of the software designer's ignorance of how a human being appreciates sequential still images. I get what your intent was. I just wanted to offer my feelings about what it felt like to sit through your short image collage: your photos deserve better.

There is an entire field of study around how images are best presented to viewers, but probably not one in a thousand software developers have every been exposed to this knowledge. It is easy to annoy viewers, or to leave them disconcerted, by creating far too much visual pollution, and by forgetting that SINGLE, still images cannot be too fleeting, nor too long on-screen, and that distracting transition effects MUST be balanced by a longer view time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back