test post

Rifleman1776

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wished to post a photo using the 'manage attachments' button that is supposed to be below. Not there.
How to post photos without the tool or URL?

Yeah, that "manage attachment" button does not appear on my Macintosh's browser either...it is truly mythical. Here's what I do. I upload the photos to a server, like my pBase account, or to my Flicker account. From either hosting site it is easy to gt the exact,specific URL where the photo resides.

I copy and paste the specific photograph's hosted URL into a reply box here on TPF,and add at the start of the URL,and at the end of the URL. That key of [IMG] at the start and end of the URL seems to do the trick. Obtaining the hosted URL can be done by a right mouse-click under Mac OS, by right-clicking and pulling down to "Copy Image Address", which will copy the URL to the clipboard, and it can then be pasted into a reply box here.

Some web hosting services, like Flickr, have a really easy URL, right there in plain sight, while on other hosts like pBase, the URL is at the top of the web browser in the address bar slot. Good luck! I'd love to see some photos of some flintlocks or whatnot--when I was a boy in the 1970's I enjoyed shooting a kit-built .50 caliber percussion muzzle loader. Never used a flintlock though...maybe someday though!

Last edited:
Yeah, that "manage attachment" button does not appear on my Macintosh's browser either...it is truly mythical. Here's what I do. I upload the photos to a server, like my pBase account, or to my Flicker account. From either hosting site it is easy to gt the exact,specific URL where the photo resides.

I copy and paste the specific photograph's hosted URL into a reply box here on TPF,and add at the start of the URL,and at the end of the URL. That key of [IMG] at the start and end of the URL seems to do the trick. Obtaining the hosted URL can be done by a right mouse-click under Mac OS, by right-clicking and pulling down to "Copy Image Address", which will copy the URL to the clipboard, and it can then be pasted into a reply box here.

Some web hosting services, like Flickr, have a really easy URL, right there in plain sight, while on other hosts like pBase, the URL is at the top of the web browser in the address bar slot. Good luck! I'd love to see some photos of some flintlocks or whatnot--when I was a boy in the 1970's I enjoyed shooting a kit-built .50 caliber percussion muzzle loader. Never used a flintlock though...maybe someday though![/quote]

Thanks. The forum administrators have been no help. Good to know I am not alone in not having the 'manage attachments' button.
I reenact the Revolutionary Rifleman. Most of my shooting is with a flintlock rifle and has been since 1970.

Rifleman1776
OK, here is one from Photobucket.
Comments please.

Most reactions

Back