Testing to see if anyone is interested in a Nikon 24-70 f2.8G lens (CAN)

rzxrey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
**UPDATED with PICS as requested
**>>>Price reduced to $1250<<<

So, I was able to try the Sigma 35 1.4, the Otus,the 58 1.4G and it got me hooked on primes. So I was thinking of selling this trusty Nikon 24-70 workhorse to buy the new primes. I have used it almost exclusively on paid events and the occasional vacation. The lens, although sharp and beautiful, has a bit of drama. When using AF, sometimes there is a squeak that can be heard (there is the normal squeak from AF, but this one is about 1.5x louder). I don't know what's causing it (it has not affected function or image quality). Second, the ring that hold's the hood is a little bit loose, not that its scary loose or anything, it just moves a little when force is applied. There are also some paint chipping on the lens (very few; from long time use) and the hood (HB-40; $29.00 @ BH if you need a new one) is in 90% condition. I guarantee that everything else works perfectly, and even with the mentioned minor issues, it still takes beautiful images. If you want feedback, verification, clarifications etc., we can talk on the phone too.

So its just these: AF-S 24-70 f2.8G, Nikon Bag/Pouch, HB-40 Hood, Front and Read Caps. The box, along with all the paperwork probably already got recycled years ago. Asking $1250. Shipping is $35, expedited, over-wrapped and insured by Canadapost (for both US and Canada). I accept Paypal (+fees) or Cash (for meet-up only). FREE Shipping with Paypal Gift.

$X.jpg$_DSC1940.jpg$_DSC1942.jpg$_DSC1944.jpg$_DSC1945.jpg$_DSC1946.jpg$_DSC1950.jpg$_DSC1953.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. I compared it to a fellow photographer's 24-70 and they sounded a bit similar. So I am not really sure. Just thought I'd mention it in the post too.

Updated with pics.

Price? Did I overlook the price?

Lol..of all the things. Updated.

>>>Price reduced to $1250<<<

Still available. Here's a shot I recently took using the lens.

$_DSC2609 (Copy).jpg

That is exactly what I am looking for. It just really bites being broke.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back