Tether D5000 to iPad3

Buy this: Image editing software | Raw converter | Capture One Pro 7, Download the CAPTURE PILOT APP and you are set.

That requires tethering to a computer and then connecting to the computer from the iPad. You can't ether to the computer with the software included with the camera and then use a cheep iPad app.

If you going to tether to a computer you might as well just preview and control from the computer.

The cam ranger lets you go directly to just the iPad anywhere no need for a computer. It creates its own wifi network that you join on the iPad and then completely control the camera via the iPad.

CamRanger | Wireless DLSR Remote Control Tether for iPad

They are both $299.00. For your $299.00 you get an expensive wifi for the iPad that you have to attach to the camera to create the network.

For my $299.00 you get a top line piece of editing software and Digital Asset Management software that also allows you to shot tethered and control a camera. Again there is a piece of hardware that is attached to the camers. With the free app your laptop can be used to create a network which provides the same functionality plus it automatically stores the images on the computer for post processing later plus a whole lot more. http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One-7/Highlights.aspx

For that same amount of money I will take the multi-tasker over a single-tasker anytime.

But with the captureone you must connect directly to the computer which is much bigger device. This is not practical unless you are only shooting in the studio. The CamRanger can be taken into the field when downing landscape photography for example.

We capture one guy come show us the software at my work and I fund it overly complex.

The CamRanger also lets you control and preview video where the capture one does not.

Buy this: Image editing software | Raw converter | Capture One Pro 7, Download the CAPTURE PILOT APP and you are set.

That requires tethering to a computer and then connecting to the computer from the iPad. You can't ether to the computer with the software included with the camera and then use a cheep iPad app.

If you going to tether to a computer you might as well just preview and control from the computer.

The cam ranger lets you go directly to just the iPad anywhere no need for a computer. It creates its own wifi network that you join on the iPad and then completely control the camera via the iPad.

Thanks for the link .... just a little pricey so I will study this some more

Byte LOL ...... I might buy an Android just to do this..... more thinking

A decent android tablet will run you the same price, and it sounds like you already have a iPad.

If I wasn't planning on getting a Canon 6D I would definitely get a cam ranger.

They are both $299.00. For your $299.00 you get an expensive wifi for the iPad that you have to attach to the camera to create the network.

For my $299.00 you get a top line piece of editing software and Digital Asset Management software that also allows you to shot tethered and control a camera. Again there is a piece of hardware that is attached to the camers. With the free app your laptop can be used to create a network which provides the same functionality plus it automatically stores the images on the computer for post processing later plus a whole lot more. Capture One Pro 7 highlights

For that same amount of money I will take the multi-tasker over a single-tasker anytime.

But with the captureone you must connect directly to the computer which is much bigger device. This is not practical unless you are only shooting in the studio. The CamRanger can be taken into the field when downing landscape photography for example.

We capture one guy come show us the software at my work and I fund it overly complex.

The CamRanger also lets you control and preview video where the capture one does not.

To each his own. I would rather have the functionality of program on an 11" Mac Book Air in the field than a highly proprietary wifi transmitter that only performs one function.

That CamRanger looks interesting... hmmm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back