What's new

Thailand Ancient city C&C

Scarecrow

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
Yokosuka Kanagawa Japan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took atrip for a one day run and couldnt come up with any thing I thought was very good. All day was cloudy and kind of grey. How do I go about shooting in something like when the lighting isnt wanting to play fair. Here is one pic Ive been working on but no matter what I just cant get the right color for the background or skyline.



24mm ISO 100 1/30 sec F/10
 
You went to Ayuthaya for a day?

In any case, in those situations where the sky is steely bright, I try to fill the frame with color as much as possible, keeping the sky to a minimum
So I end up with lots of closeups, architectural detail or downward slanting shots.
The plus on those days is that you can get really saturated colors that are quite amenable to PPing without all that excess bouncing light that affects exposure but actually de-saturates the colors.

I find that local contrast enhancement (search for this) works really well on colors in these kinds of images.

Lew
 
Last edited:
Lew
Yeah we went for the full day rented the bikes and rode around. Was funny trying to ride a bicycle with a big heavy camera in the basket. Ill work on some more of them and post em up later. Thanks so much for the words of advice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom