Thames Coast, NZ

Why at f22?

The best apertures for landscape photography are normally beween f11-16, and using hyperfocal distance you can normally get sharpness in your whole shot. At f16 and above diffraction sets in (and i can see quite a bit in your shot).

Why at f22?

The best apertures for landscape photography are normally beween f11-16, and using hyperfocal distance you can normally get sharpness in your whole shot. At f16 and above diffraction sets in (and i can see quite a bit in your shot).

IMO, I may be wrong but it looks as if @CdTSnap was going for that. There are rules and then breaking them with results.The bending is gradual to dead center. He uses that to his advantage for leading the eye into the sharp tan rock on the lower right, to the subtle gradient waters, into the upper dead center horizon, and then I am happily enjoying a calm vast volume of goodness.

F22 because my ND filter wasn't dark enough to get the semi slow shutter speed to smooth the already calm water as I wanted.

F22 because my ND filter wasn't dark enough to get the semi slow shutter speed to smooth the already calm water as I wanted.
So you did not intentionally want the gradual bend towards the center of the horizon?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean? :) but yeah my idea was the rock being the main point then the smooth waters leading the eye out in between the hills

I'm not 100% sure what you mean? :) but yeah my idea was the rock being the main point then the smooth waters leading the eye out in between the hills

I guess your right, I measured the horizon and it's perfectly straight. Whatever it is, cool trick because it looks good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back