Thank You Vets!!

Wally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Happy Veterans day to all the Veterans out there. Those that are home, those that are still over there, and those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

pow.jpg

Ditto. We have a local boy that has been MIA for well over a year. His name is Matt Mopin. We wish them all a safe return and we thank them for all they do.

Thank you to all those that have served and family that has been affected by their generosity...my husband (Air Force), father (Army) & grandfather (Navy) included included! :hail:

Thank a vet for everything they gave for their countries. Especially the WWII vets. We are loosing them at a rate of 2 a day now. My father-in-law just passed away last thursday. His funeral was Monday.

He was in the 8th Air Force in WWII. Flew 30 missions in B-17 and got shot down almost every mission. He went down twice in the English Channel and they named their plane "Any Base" because they only made it back to their own base once in the 30 missions. He got the Distingusihed Service Cross but never talked about his service.

I am sitting in an office next to a WWII vet right now. He was in the Air Force...and we are very lucky he is still here. He was on a plane with about 5 or 6 other people and a dog, and it went down in the ocean...they all lived, including the dog...they were on a life raft for 2 days before they were rescued. This man totally facinates me day after day with the stories of his life. If there is anyone that has my respect, it is him.

Anyone who has served to protect our country has earned my respect. I don't think it's something I could ever really get through, but I greatly admire the people who do. My father in Vietnam was stationed in Thailand, and my Grandfather in WWII was a mechanic on a submarine. My great-grandfather was a horse thief, though. :greenpbl:

Happy Veterans day. And thank you to everyone who has served. Even though Im not an american, I have huge respect for you who have served. My in laws have a big military history, my fiances grandfather served in wwwII, while he was away his grandmother built b-17s at boeing with many other Rosey the Riveters. His oldest uncle was in the navy, 2 served in Vietnam and his mother, father and aunt were in service during the Gulf war.

Thank you all :hug::

We are a military family I guess. My dad and his brother were both in the Marines in WW II, (south Pacific) I was in the Navy on an LST (the ship was nicknamed 'Tally Ho') from 1965-71 (Vietnam era) my oldest son was a "Tanker" in the Army at Fort Hood, TX, and my youngest son played the trumpet in the Marine Band at Camp Pendleton, CA.

If you were able to read this, thank a teacher, if you read it in English, thank a veteran.

Tally Ho

Most reactions

Back