What's new

The Alley

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
4,821
Reaction score
286
Location
Montreal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comments, thoughts, reactions, emotions, chips, popcorn, crackerjack??

5870253962_212af301eb_z.jpg
 
Great processing, but I am not digging the composition. It's tilted in a way that it's either straight or dramatic enough. Your position to the alley is neither close or far enough. I think you just hit the sweet spot of "no where":p

I'd wish you are either standing right in it and shoot upwards ( eg, letting the environment wrap around you), or shoot it from further away but capturing a more holistic scene.
 
Great processing, but I am not digging the composition. It's tilted in a way that it's either straight or dramatic enough. Your position to the alley is neither close or far enough. I think you just hit the sweet spot of "no where":p

I'd wish you are either standing right in it and shoot upwards ( eg, letting the environment wrap around you), or shoot it from further away but capturing a more holistic scene.

Damn, that's great advice. Thanks for posting!
The alley was pretty small, but I totally get what you are saying!
I'll re-title the image "No Where" haha
 

YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

I was *wondering* where you had gotten to!

Oh... yeah... and the image is nice too. :biggrin:

You are still here? they didn't ban you yet? haha
Good to see some familiar faces.

See my other thread about concerts in the General Gallery (stupid me didn't properly title the post hehe), you might enjoy the bands and stuff I have been doing ;)
 
I see the TPF technical side is just as dandy as it was last time I was here.
This post has 0 Views and 4 Replies. Sweet! I love blind people posting on my threads
 
Once I was walking in Chicago's Chinatown. It was cloudy, drizzling and there was a back alley of 1930's brick high rise with iron stairs, with a dumpster full of pig grease from the restaurants!!! Talk about dirty dark alley! Yes I took a shot of that.
 
Once I was walking in Chicago's Chinatown. It was cloudy, drizzling and there was a back alley of 1930's brick high rise with iron stairs, with a dumpster full of pig grease from the restaurants!!! Talk about dirty dark alley! Yes I took a shot of that.

That sounds sweet! Love story telling shots like that. Do you have the image anywhere??
 
I'm trying to figure out where you shot that. Reminds me of some the the apartments along Park, but no-one is drying their undies on the landing, so can't be that. Old Montreal? Too neat. Building's too tall for NDG. Same for the Plateau. Although it could be somewhere near Chabanel...

Personally, I think it's a little too bright. Those corners are always dark and dingy. And the landings always have stuff hanging out - yours are just too neat. Oh wait, maybe you were in Hogtown?
 
It was just off Sherbrooke near, kinda near McTavish... a bit west of there
 
Very nice!
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom