The Approach

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi. I just joined the forum (so you can read my intro in the welcome section). I just recently got into photography, and created a photoblog. I've been spending a lot of time on the photoblogring, checking out other people's pics to get some ideas of good shots, places, etc.

I'm fascinated with pics of people, but I'm a little intimidated about taking pictures of strangers. I was wondering how people do this. I'm not shy, so if the simple answer is just walk up and say, "Hi, mind if I take your picture?" that's fine, but then you will never get that candid shot.

So, I guess my question is can y'all share how you approach people either before or after or what when it comes to taking strangers pictures.

Thanks!

There's a lot of threads here about this topic.

For myself I find it easy to photograph people at local events, when everybody takes pictures.

but then you will never get that candid shot.
Not entirely. If you spend some time with them, people relax after 2-3 minutes and you get lots of candid opportunities.

Check out a very recent post I made in this same section called "rude to photograph people?".... where theres alot of great replies dealing with this topic.

And welcome! :D

thanks for your posts.

Becky, I read the thread you started....have you done it? Are you out there taking pictures of people?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back