The Bag Man (Secret Agent, take two)

peter27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I posted a photo titled The Secret Agent, which received a mixed response. After thinking about some of the comments and mulling over a few points, I decided to try another crop. For me, the result was different enough to warrant a new title; as I feel there's a subtle difference in atmosphere and story between the two pieces. I'm not sure if I prefer the one or the other (both look great to my eye on matte paper at 13x18), perhaps a few comments?

View attachment 49669

Pentax K1000
Kodak T-Max 100

Here's a link to the other piece for those who haven't yet seen it: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...3204429-secret-agent-secret-agent-medium-.jpg

I like this one..
I does have a feeling of "the secret agent"
Also the shodws, the texture on the road, components of a nice photo.

well done!

If you cropped that much, how about cutting off the building corner on the right. It creates double edge of the frame and this black half a plaque is a distraction. Otherwise I like the picture.

I like this one..
I does have a feeling of "the secret agent"
Also the shodws, the texture on the road, components of a nice photo.

well done!

Thank you. I think you've put your finger on it for me: a set of components have come together to tell a story.

If you cropped that much, how about cutting off the building corner on the right. It creates double edge of the frame and this black half a plaque is a distraction. Otherwise I like the picture.

Thanks. I think I see what you mean about cropping the corner and did wonder if the doorbells would create a distraction; however, I wanted to include these elements because of the added mystery of a doorway, plus I thought the mark on the wall was a nice repetition of the man's shape. I also figured that the dark plaque provided both contrast and balance to the shop signs at the other end of the photo.

Most reactions

Back