The Bag Man (Secret Agent, take two)

peter27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I posted a photo titled The Secret Agent, which received a mixed response. After thinking about some of the comments and mulling over a few points, I decided to try another crop. For me, the result was different enough to warrant a new title; as I feel there's a subtle difference in atmosphere and story between the two pieces. I'm not sure if I prefer the one or the other (both look great to my eye on matte paper at 13x18), perhaps a few comments?

View attachment 49669

Pentax K1000
Kodak T-Max 100

Here's a link to the other piece for those who haven't yet seen it: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...3204429-secret-agent-secret-agent-medium-.jpg

urahara

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like this one..
I does have a feeling of "the secret agent"
Also the shodws, the texture on the road, components of a nice photo.

well done!

timor

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you cropped that much, how about cutting off the building corner on the right. It creates double edge of the frame and this black half a plaque is a distraction. Otherwise I like the picture.

OP
peter27

peter27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I like this one..
I does have a feeling of "the secret agent"
Also the shodws, the texture on the road, components of a nice photo.

well done!

Thank you. I think you've put your finger on it for me: a set of components have come together to tell a story.

If you cropped that much, how about cutting off the building corner on the right. It creates double edge of the frame and this black half a plaque is a distraction. Otherwise I like the picture.

Thanks. I think I see what you mean about cropping the corner and did wonder if the doorbells would create a distraction; however, I wanted to include these elements because of the added mystery of a doorway, plus I thought the mark on the wall was a nice repetition of the man's shape. I also figured that the dark plaque provided both contrast and balance to the shop signs at the other end of the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics