The Beggar and the Couple

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BeggarAndCouple.jpg

wow, I really like this. So many emotions in one picture. The couple is obviously happy. The beggar with with such a despair look. Love it.

Yet another wonderful Tuna street shooter moment. This is a nicely captured shot. It really is worthy of looking at,and it makes me think about materialism and modern culture. Poor people, begging in the streets have been around a long time, but modern store windows with incandescent lights and spiffily-dressed mannequins are new...but Vivaldi..the Vivaldi poster, and the word "Teen" in the left most window...ah,to die for!

The old woman is dressed like a classic European street beggar,and Vivaldi's The Four Seasons was composed in the early 1720's. The pairing of the poster and the old woman and the young people looking at so much modern 2000's era, mass-produced bric a brac garbage makes this shot really interesting.

Classic Tuna moment.

i can't stand the 'feeling' it gives me...... i guess thats why its a good shot though!!!

Two powerful images in the one shot...love and acceptance versus rejection and loneliness...wow

Derrel expressed my thoughts pretty well already.

I love the clash and contrasts throughout the composition via the juxtapositions that build tension by mashing against each other in so many ways!

They include the bold and obvious, but also there are subtle cues. Even the wall area that is directly behind the beggar looks rough and unkempt, while the stores on each side of it are shiny, new, consumer-enticing. In that way, the composition reinforces even more how isolated she is from the rest of that world that surrounds her.

Well done!

even the girl leaning into her man away from the beggar adds to it, very cool capture.

+1 on all the good comments. The picture is not about the quality or perfection of shooting technique but rather the drama and emotion in creates in the viewer. Good job.

Most reactions

Back