The Biggest Of Noobs - ISO 6400

did you take it on a webcam?

Ignore this guy, that's incredibly ignorant of him.

We all make mistakes man, hell, if it makes you feel any better, I shot at f/4 for months and months until I realised I was losing dramatic sharpness and deep DoF. It's all expected, just consider it a 'bump in the road to professional photography'.
Um.

I am confused how f/4 makes you lose sharpness ?

That should be pretty close to the sharpness maximum of the majority of glas on the majority of current cameras.

Unless of course you are a landscape photographer and need a lot of depth of field.

I'm on cheap glass. Wide open on zoom lenses is a killer

We all make mistakes man, hell, if it makes you feel any better, I shot at f/4 for months and months until I realised I was losing dramatic sharpness and deep DoF. It's all expected, just consider it a 'bump in the road to professional photography'.

The biggest skill in professional photography is how to connect with the right people and how to live very cheaply initially.

ignoring that statement and not taking note of the underlying implications from it is, literally, ignorant.

the photo is bad in every way, including but not limited to:
composition/framing
subject matter
lighting
quality
technique

the photo, that comment was in reference to, was removed and post edited to remove the question asking about it. It looks like a webcam photo if you click here and look for yourself.

That comment said everything that needed to be said about everything that was wrong with it without having to write it out.
while i do think your second post is quite helpful by pointing out what is wrong with the photo, i still think your first post and a continuation is just a tad bit condescending. I can't see the photo i guess atm. But the first comment is just not helpful or useful to the OP in much ways that saying, "oh your photo is bad quality"

But hey, i guess this is a forum, and you can say what you want to say.

ignoring that statement and not taking note of the underlying implications from it is, literally, ignorant.

the photo is bad in every way, including but not limited to:
composition/framing
subject matter
lighting
quality
technique

the photo, that comment was in reference to, was removed and post edited to remove the question asking about it. It looks like a webcam photo if you click here and look for yourself.

That comment said everything that needed to be said about everything that was wrong with it without having to write it out.

Making a comment like that without stating the implications, in response to a post asking for trchnical advice, makes you sound ignorant. You're posting in the beginner forum, just to remind you.

Most reactions

Back