What's new

Hummingbird hawk-moth

40737011

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
1,140
Location
Sussex
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a very poor pic of a Hummingbird hawk-moth:

moth.webp


That is straight out of camera.

I had never seen one before and did not know what it was until I got home and checked Google.

It was in the shadows on a very bright and hot day. I had zero chance of getting a shutter speed high enough to get a decent pic without putting ISO into 5 figures.

Next time I willl go to the same place and hang around a bit and hope it comes back to see me.

Love the learning process.

CHEERS
JBO
 
This is a very poor pic of a Hummingbird hawk-moth:

View attachment 297792

That is straight out of camera.

I had never seen one before and did not know what it was until I got home and checked Google.

It was in the shadows on a very bright and hot day. I had zero chance of getting a shutter speed high enough to get a decent pic without putting ISO into 5 figures.

Next time I willl go to the same place and hang around a bit and hope it comes back to see me.

Love the learning process.

CHEERS
JBO
These little guys will confuse the heck out of you if you've never seen one before! (Ask me how I know.) :lol:

I like your shot!
 
These little guys will confuse the heck out of you if you've never seen one before! (Ask me how I know.) :lol:

I like your shot!
Is it because they look back to front???

Is it because they fly exactly the same way a Hummingbird flies? except that they only hover for about a second and they never actually stay still.

CHEERS
JBO
 
Nice you could try with flash next time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom