The Bittersweet Melancholia of a Year's End ~ Hanli Bubu

JohnKokWithAdSLR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This time I use AF with spot focusing =)

This is Hanli Bubu, my last photoshoot before CNY =) Luckily after this shoot all the deco still there, I like the background with the Chinese Characters.

nextgeneration.jpg

benchgirl.jpg

whiterussianglamour.jpg

leaningonfortune.jpg

whirlpoolvika.jpg

C & C welcome, please be harsh as possible, I wish to learn

EXIF
#1 - 1/60, f5.6, ISO 1600, 50 mm
#2 - 1/160, f2.8, ISO 800, 50 mm
#3 - 1/400, f3.2, ISO 400, 50 mm
#4 - 1/250, f2.8, ISO 1600, 50 mm
#5 - 1/400, f3.2, ISO 400, 50 mm

Self criticism:
#1 - lantern beside model head potentially distracting

#2 #3 #4 #5 - Other than that still ISO too high and didnt notice so upped shutter speed to compensate, next shooting will definitely use Av mode and see

Sorry about the small pictures, got bigger ones here

Artistic Side of Things

I am mainly here for technical improvement but please allow me the opportunity to share a little bit about my actual work.

All these photos that I posted all along are actually from my invention of an article that I hope can help us, through pictures and words, understand another person to a certain degree.

The full article for Hanli Bubu can be found here

After reading the article and looking at the photos, please try to use all of the emotions and impressions generated by them to, in your mind, reconstruct an individual. If what you have constructed in your mind is at least 10 % of the real person then my experimental article is on the right track.
I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you ;-)

your models are adorable so I find it hard to bring anything negative to the table :D

lol i guess that proves that having adorable models is bad for learning photography XD

Most reactions

Back