The Bus Counter

Black_Square

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

I met this gentleman whilst out shooting portraits. He was stood at a busy stretch of road in Bristol City centre. He was busy scribbling down numbers in a notebook. My curiosity piqued, I tried to strike up a conversation to enquire what the numbers related to. He was so pre-occupied scribbling down the numbers, that he was reluctant to talk. Just as I was about to give up, he quickly explained that the numbers are serial numbers on the buses that pass by. He then continued recording. The notebook was filled with 5 digit codes, there musy have been thousands of entries recorded.

As I bid him farewell, he looked straight at me. I lifted my camera, he smiled, I shot, I walked.

29365290968_210ecbd355_b.jpg

Last edited:
Did you use a strobe or natural light? It's a 9.5/10 shot for me; the one and only change that could make this a 10/10 shot for me is if you were to brighten the catch-lights in his eyes, without which the eyes are lacking life and are missing a magnetism that would make my eyes go straight to his and linger long enough to wonder more about this person and their life.

What Dan said ^ but I'd give it a 9.85. Good work, as usual. :)

Fabulous Shot!

Plenty of character in that face.......
Thanks Jeff :)

Did you use a strobe or natural light? It's a 9.5/10 shot for me; the one and only change that could make this a 10/10 shot for me is if you were to brighten the catch-lights in his eyes, without which the eyes are lacking life and are missing a magnetism that would make my eyes go straight to his and linger long enough to wonder more about this person and their life.
Thanks Dan, the image was lit using natural light. I can certainly brighten the catch lights in the eyes which i think is a good idea. Thanks again.

Great story and a better image. You are my hero.
No, you're my hero! I love your work!

You always manage to find the most interesting characters.
thanks Dean, I do seem to stumble on some cool looking people!

nice...complimenti !!!

Now that is what I`d call a fantastic image and very well taken, great lighting for his face to show up and nice detail too.

Most reactions

Back