The Chase (pic heavy)

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These pics are more interesting than they are quality so they ended up here where the critique is low. Note to self: A much faster shutter speed is in order for when approaching animals for now on. 1/800 doesn't cut it. Enjoy!
(Pictures are cropped only, no PS.)

891 (2).JPG

890 (2).JPG

893 (2).JPG

901 (2).JPG

907 (2).JPG

915 (2).JPG

929 (2).JPG

Was this heron drunk? You're right about the shutter speed but other than that, these images are some really good captures.

Love a good action sequence. Ya done good Kirk! :encouragement:

Very good set..........
Was this heron drunk? You're right about the shutter speed but other than that, these images are some really good captures.
very good
Love a good action sequence. Ya done good Kirk! :encouragement:
Nice set.

Thanks everyone!
Panda, if you'd seen him in action you would've thought he was on crack, I mean that dude was going wild trying to catch whatever it was he was chasing. I love those moments, even all the other birds perked up and watched him, he made such a ruckus. Maybe I'll catch some action some day with the Canon, I have done that yet.

Did he catch anything? Enjoy all my birds- they are leaving NY in droves.

Did he catch anything? Enjoy all my birds- they are leaving NY in droves.

I don't think it was what he originally went after but here's a pic of him swallowing something at the end of his run.

969 (2)ps.jpg

Last edited:
8DE1E3D8-4A86-4A0E-A137-DB06F8F2D732.jpeg
Nice set,
IMHO SS is a case of what you want to do and or what you want to portray. Some of those yes I also thought that the SS could have been higher. As I said nice set and I know that I could not do as good
This is one my attempts. I. Was throwing bread up and then trying to capture

Last edited:
Nice set,
IMHO SS is a case of what you want to do and or what you want to portray. Some of those yes I also thought that the SS could have been higher. As I said nice set and I know that I could not do as good

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback but I think you could do as good. You should see all the botched pics where he wasn't in frame when he was moving fast. I only got maybe around a 10% success rate.

Lol you want to see my attempts when I am trying a new experiment. I have an out of the box style and when I am playing/trying out a new idea the success rate is really low sometimes I know what I want to achieve but just can not. So that idea gets scrubbed. But this is digital and film costs are no longer a limiting factor.
I am not a bird photographer but I have two sets one I worked really hard on the other I was sitting on a sea wall eating an ice cream after doing a panorama and watching this chap try to temp a bird with seads the bird flew off and as the camera was right by my hand, not the ice cream hand, I grabbed the shot. The other chap muttered like hell because I got the shot and he did not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back