What's new

The Child

Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
29
Location
Buckhannon, WV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in Ecuador this past weekend (I travel there a lot as I have family there) and I happened to find myself in one of the poorest locations in the City of Guayaquil. Just by random happenstance I managed to capture these two photos... They make me happy and sad at exactly the same time:

665729.jpeg


52cc4d.jpeg


What are your thoughts - either technical or emotional on those photos?
 
That's probably a combination of the lens I was using (an Nikkor 18-200) as it's my go-to for travel lens and the fact that I was shooting at ISO 2000. I've not yet mastered quick change on the camera to adapt to changing conditions as of yet.
 
2000 ISO outdoors in the day light ? you may want to go in and change your ISO to auto

when i know I am not going to get much of a chance to get a shot as far as I need to shoot quick and do not have much time to adjust camera settings and the lighting conditons seem to change allot that day ill use auto ISO and shoot in aperture priority, that way the only thing I need to adjust is the aperture and i get very good images that way.

Most of the time I shoot in full manual but it all depend on the situation i guess. I feel that get some nice sharp images from my 18-200 ( newest version )

Good pictures though.
 
2000 ISO outdoors in the day light ? you may want to go in and change your ISO to auto

when i know I am not going to get much of a chance to get a shot as far as I need to shoot quick and do not have much time to adjust camera settings and the lighting conditons seem to change allot that day ill use auto ISO and shoot in aperture priority, that way the only thing I need to adjust is the aperture and i get very good images that way.

Most of the time I shoot in full manual but it all depend on the situation i guess. I feel that get some nice sharp images from my 18-200 ( newest version )

Good pictures though.

This was a strange situation. I normally shoot full manual as well. That day, I was in one of those houses taking photos of a family I knew. It was very dark inside and I wasn't using a flash due to a small child who was freaking out by the strobe. So, I uppped the ISO. I had the brief glance across the street where that child climbing the door was and I managed to fire off a few photos before I realized that the ISO was still cranked. Just a technical foul that doesn't replay in normal day-to-day, but I suppose I should have been quicker to realize my ISO was way too high for stepping on the other side of the door.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom