The Christmas Dragon

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My dad wanted me to take some snaps of his Bearded Dragon over Thanksgiving break. I figured I'd do a holiday shoot.

p18115594-4.jpg

p271515357-4.jpg

p89912611-4.jpg

p139922863-4.jpg

p46673666-4.jpg

Fun theme, and great shots.

#3 is the winner for me.

Even though the scales on 1 or 2 are pretty cool too.

These are lovely Nate. I love number 3 and the final shot. Very well done. What did you use for lighting set up if i can ask.

Thank you guys. The lighting was just a single SB-600 and Lumiquest mini-softbox held in my left hand while I shot with my right hand.

Wonderful as always. I wish we still had our dragons now that I actually have a macro lens and lighting. Shooting macro with a 28-80mm Nikkor and Quantaray +10 filter with a moving lizard and no knowledge of lighting was abysmal. :lol:

Mark

Wonderful as always. I wish we still had our dragons now that I actually have a macro lens and lighting. Shooting macro with a 28-80mm Nikkor and Quantaray +10 filter with a moving lizard and no knowledge of lighting was abysmal. :lol:

Mark

Thanks mark. The funny part is that these were not shot with my macro lens. All were shot using the 50mm f1.8 and a combo of extension tubes and Kenko pro300 1.4TC. I could actually go a lot closer than that last picture with this setup as well.

I should have figured that. The DOF and overall crispness in the last one for only being F/11 is astounding. I should have known that wasnt the case for F/11 with something the size of a dragon with your 180mm Tamron.

Beautiful series none-the-less. Nice to see you back.

Mark

Most reactions

Back