The Circle of Life in Gradient Form

AmericanJesus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I absoloutly LOVE the colors in this! Id love some feedback even more! Im really bad at naming things :(, i thought of color gradients and the stages of life, or sickness. Meh?

Fern.jpg

I love it!!

I love the shallow depth of field, the colour and the dark background

Very nice shot. The composition and the DOF are excellent, and the colors really pop out.

did you crop this?
the first 2 yellow leafs(right) maybe could be a little darker.
cool colors.
the leafs would pop even more if the background highlights were a little darker..
:)

did you crop this?
the first 2 yellow leafs(right) maybe could be a little darker.
cool colors.
the leafs would pop even more if the background highlights were a little darker..
:)

No crop, and this was done with the built in flash.

I like the shot. It's great that you can just go out anywhere and find a great picture that everyone just walks past and doesn't think anything about it. It's cool that you are trying to catch something that's alive and dead at the same time. I would suggest to get all of the plant in focus so you can see the detail on the green parts too. They look almost ignored even though i doubt that's what you intended. I know it's hard to do much with a built in flash too, messing with the settings to make it weaker or stronger through the menus in your camera to get the right lighting and still never getting exactly what you want. get some kind of an external flash that pivots when you can. i love mine, i got the mid grade canon, the 430ex i think is what it is. they are a little pricey though... depends on your budget but when you can it will open up some pictures you couldn't have taken very easily or at all otherwise. Post more i like your ideas.

I like the shot. It's great that you can just go out anywhere and find a great picture that everyone just walks past and doesn't think anything about it. It's cool that you are trying to catch something that's alive and dead at the same time. I would suggest to get all of the plant in focus so you can see the detail on the green parts too. They look almost ignored even though i doubt that's what you intended. I know it's hard to do much with a built in flash too, messing with the settings to make it weaker or stronger through the menus in your camera to get the right lighting and still never getting exactly what you want. get some kind of an external flash that pivots when you can. i love mine, i got the mid grade canon, the 430ex i think is what it is. they are a little pricey though... depends on your budget but when you can it will open up some pictures you couldn't have taken very easily or at all otherwise. Post more i like your ideas.

Thank you for the feedback, an external flash is on my list right after a filter set for the landscape shots =)

yeah a polariser is on my list of things to get. i can do most other filters i like in photoshop so no need to hurry up and get them.

Most reactions

Back